v. 38, Special Supplement, June 2010
Edited by Kimberly C. Kirby, PhD and Dennis McCarty, PhD
In honor of the CTN's 10th anniversary, JSAT presents "A Decade of Research by the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network." This special issue features overview articles describing the completed studies and outcomes from the past decade of CTN research. It also reviews several ancillary investigations, where data from original CTN protocols is examined in a new way to reveal new correlations and propose future research.
Congratulations to all CTN members and research subjects, and here's to another decade of helping to bridge the gap!
Update: Nearly all the articles from this special issue are now available for free, full-text in PubMed Central! Links to the full-text are included below where applicable.
- Congratulations on the 10-Year Anniversary of the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network -- Now, What's New for the Coming Decade? [editorial] by A. Thomas McLellan
- The First Decade of the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network: Bridging the Gap Between Research and Practice to Improve Drug Abuse Treatment by Betty Tai, Michele Straus, David Liu, et al. (free in PMC)
- Study Results from the Clinical Trial Network's First 10 Years: Where Do They Lead? by Elizabeth Wells, Andrew Saxon, Donald Calsyn, et al. (free in PMC)
- Partnerships and Pathways of Dissemination: The National Institute on Drug Abuse - Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Blending Initiative in the Clinical Trials Network by Steve Martino, Gregory Brigham, Christine Higgins, et al. (free in PMC)
- A Longitudinal Study of Organizational Formation, Innovation of Adoption, and Dissemination Activities within the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network by Paul Roman, Amanda Abraham, Tanja Rothrauff, and Hannah Knudsen. (free in PMC)
- From Research to the Real World: Buprenorphine in the Decade of the Clinical Trials Network by Walter Ling, Petra Jacobs, Maureen Hillhouse, et al. (CTN-0001, CTN-0002, CTN-0003, CTN-0010, CTN-0027, CTN-0030) (free in PMC)
- Motivational Incentives Research in the National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network by Maxine Stitzer, Nancy Petry, and Jessica Peirce. (CTN-0006, CTN-0007) (free in PMC)
- Using a Latent Variable Approach to Inform Gender and Racial/Ethnic Differences in Cocaine Dependence: A National Drug Abuse Treatment Clinical Trials Network Study by Li-Tzy Wu, Jeng-Jong Pan, Dan Blazer, et al. (CTN-0006, CTN-0007) (free in PMC)
- Pain and Continued Opioid Use in Individuals Receiving Buprenorphine-Naloxone for Opioid Detoxification: Secondary Analyses from the Clinical Trials Network Jennifer Sharpe Potter, Amit Chakrabarti, Catherine Domier, et al. (CTN-0001, CTN-0002)
- Predicting Outpatient Treatment Entry Following Detoxification for Injection Drug Use: The Impact of Patient and Program Factors Barbara Campbell, Carrie Tillotson, Dongseok Choi, et al. (CTN-0017) (free in PMC)
- Multisite Effectiveness Trials of Treatments for Substance Abuse and Co-Occurring Problems: Have We Chosen the Best Designs? by Edward Nunes, Samuel Ball, Robert Booth, et al. (free in PMC)
- Equivalence of Family Functioning and Externalizing Behaviors in Adolescent Substance Users of Different Race/Ethnicity by Daniel Feaster, Michael Robbins, Craig Henderson, et al. (CTN-0014) (free in PMC)